Wednesday 2 April 2014

Sal kantha - few stitches at the top

I have finished the curlicues and leafy thing at the top.
Any suggestions to rename the leafy thing are welcome..my choice is weird ..my brain is not working properly right now and I'm going to put the blame on all the medications I'm taking for flu and viral infection for the past few days. I certainly don't want to stick to it so feel free to leave your suggestions in the comment and let's rename the poor thing.
                                              

I have outlined and filled the infamous leafy thing with irregular kantha stitches using 2 strands of Anchor stranded cotton floss red shd # 047. For beginners – irregular kantha stitches means the length of the stitches and also the distance between 2 stitches vary throughout.
The curlicues are done with kantha stitches using 2 strands of green floss shd # 0246.

Hopefully I'll be okay after some rest and will come back with some interesting filling stitches next wednesday.

Happy stitching!
Anita.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm Even I'm not able to think of any name. Leaf curls sounds good to me. I just finished the last week's update and posted. Happy to learn Kantha stitches.

margaret said...

very nice and I am sure your students are enjoying this course

deanna7trees said...

love it. looks great.

Gembirdie said...

Oh, Anita - I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick. Get well soon!

For the "leafy thing" - how about renaming it a leaf crown? The shape reminds me of a crown, and it's on top of the design, too.

Isabelle

Hobby Sewer said...

Hi Anita,

I am happy to say I am up to date in this SAL finally... :).

You can see my progress here and please provide your feedback

http://www.hobbysewing.blogspot.in/2014/04/sal-kanta.html

Get well soon.

Leelagovind said...

anita
though a bit late,i have finished last week's SAL..and suggested the name leaf blade for the leafy thing..:)
here is my sal update..
http://leelashobbies.blogspot.in/2014/04/sal-kantha-curlicues-and-leafy-blades.html