Monday 12 March 2012

Surprise....


It was in my mail box today! A gift and it is threads….I’m so excited.
Maureen from Australia has sent me a lovely card and threads. The variegated hand dyed thread is very pretty, isn’t it?

                             
THANK YOU SO MUCH MAUREEN.
I’ve never used hand dyed threads. I have a project in mind to use this variegated thread. I’d appreciate your suggestions….
Did you see the white thread? I’m going to try something with that thread and will show y’all soon.
Happy stitching
Anita.

10 comments:

Zova couture said...

wow thats lovely Anita..I am sure u make wonderful work out of it...congrats..

Susan Hemann said...

Hello, this is my first time visiting your blog. I just love the embroidery. Do you know when you will be offering a class again. I would dearly love to take it. Sue

Suztats said...

That thread is so pretty. I love the colours. What will you create?

deanna7trees said...

i just love hand dyed thread. i use it for embroidery but i also like using it for tatting, when i get a chance to do that. the colorway you received is beautiful.

Royce said...

Congrats Anita.......

Anita said...

Thank you Vaheeda,Suz,Deanna,Royce.
@Deanna- This hand dyed thread is stranded cotton.I've got to think about a design which'll require only 1 skein.Tatting with hand dyed threads sounds exciting.You've added one more in my wishlist!
@Suz -Both are embroidery threads Suz.I'll show you what I'm planning soon..

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely threads...Waiting to see your works using these threads

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

That hand dyed variegated thread is beautiful! I can't wait to see what you create with it and the white thread. Whatever you do I am certain it will be beautiful.

goody said...

Hi Anita
I just joined your blog. all your works are excellent. now seeing your chikan embroidery instructios i have started a design. do u have any classes further? please inform me to follow.

Anita said...

@ goody - Thanks for visiting.If I plan some classes I'll write about it here...